We thank all the alumni members of SMC College of Dairy Science for their interest in building, maintaining and using this site. There have been members that have contributed a little more than just using this site.
- Vivek Upadhyay, Vivekanand and Siddharth Sharma conceptualized the building of the site though they were located in different places around the globe.
- In 2002 at the Institute of Food Techologists‘ meeting in Anaheim, California, Dr. Dilip Patel, Bhavesh Patel, Kalpesh Gandhi and Chirag Shukla contributed some dollars to purchase the domain name www.smcalumni.net and buying webspace on a hosting server. Site was developed and supported by Chirag and correspondences were shared by the above contributors as a team.
- In 2004, again at the IFT meeting, alumni members gathered and Prem Thakur took special initiative in collecting some dollars with a view and plan to support the site further. With the dollars that SMCites generously contributed, we were able to pull this far and funds started to run out again. We also needed help in sorting out the old random database of SMCites and Nidhi Bansal came forward to help.
- In 2005, a part of the remaining balance from SMCites contribution of 2004 was invested in moving from one host (who went out of business without notice) to another.
- In 2006, a laid back registrar was given the boot by us and we transferred the domain to a more responsive and responsible registrar. With that we also renewed our domain name for 5 more years (through 2011). Contribution from 2004 partially supported the cause and the remainder was contributed by Prem Thakur.
- Hosting will be renewed mid-next year and Kalpesh Gandhi has generously agreed to bear the expenses.
Our expenses are very modest and we have chosen a very good commercial hosting company to host this site. Our domain registrar is a very reliable one too. We would like to thank Bhavesh, Chirag, Dilip, Kalpesh, Nidhi, Prem, Siddharth, Vivek and Vivekanand for their efforts and to all who donated to keep this site up and running. Professors J.B. Prajapati and Vitthal Boghra have sent us information from back home for site’s updation and we thank them as well. If we left out any names, it is totally unintentional. Please feel free to mention to us and we will be most happy to include it here.
If you would like to support our site, we would ask for no more than $25 a year (2006 rates) that includes hosting and domain registration fees. Development on this site is done voluntarily as and when time permits. If you are genuinely interested in supporting the development of the site or building new modules, we would like to know. If you would like to see more/new features, please email us and let us know about it. Your suggestions and criticism will help us grow.
Thank you for your visit to our site.